AF700 Ash Fusion Determinator
Coal and Coke Ash Fusibility Determinator
Our AF700 Ash Fusion Determinator increases your laboratory throughput by automatically determining the ash fusibility temperatures (IT, ST, HT, and FT). The state-of-the-art AF700 features improved operational controls, digital archiving ability, integrated safety features, and increased instrument robustness.
- A stable, permanently mounted integrated camera is isolated from the high-temperature area
- An integrated viewing system consistently aligns mirrors with camera and furnace
- A complete image history for all analyzed samples can be digitally archived and retrieved to make objective determinations and confirmations of deformation temperatures
- Door interlocks and an integrated carbon monoxide detector provide increased laboratory safety
- A LED light ring enables low-temperature deformation point measurement
- High-endurance six-element heating furnace provides durability and long-life
Theory of Operation
LECO's AF700 is an ash fusibility determinator that automatically monitors ash cone deformation temperatures in coal ash and coke ash. Prepared ash cones are mounted on a ceramic tray and placed into a high-temperature, rampable furnace. The user selects an analytical method with a predefined furnace atmosphere (oxidizing or reducing) and a ramp rate (°C/minute) for the furnace. Next, a digital camera collects images after the furnace temperature reaches the method-defined starting point. Predefined ash fusibility temperatures (IT, ST, HT, and FT) may be automatically determined using Image Recognition Functions (IRF) within the software. In addition, IRF allows the option of analysis to be automatically terminated after all deformation points have been reached for all samples—increasing throughput and furnace lifetime. A complete image history for all analyzed samples is digitally archived for easy retrieval and review on DVD, CD-RW, or hard drive. Archived images may be used to make subjective determinations of deformation temperatures.