August 3, 2020
Update Regarding COVID-19 from LECO Corporation
LECO remains committed to doing our part to ensure the health and safety of our global workforce, while also maintaining business continuity and support for our customers throughout this pandemic.
On March 24th, in conjunction with legal counsel, LECO was determined essential to critical infrastructure throughout the pandemic, which permitted our US headquarters and manufacturing facility to continue operating throughout Michigan’s Stay-at-Home order (Executive Order No. 2020-21).
Since that time, we have proactively placed a small number of employees on temporary furlough while we experienced slower-than-normal order traffic. These furloughs have not impacted our instrument production or order response times.
As our workforce returns to 100% capacity, LECO has taken steps to ensure that our employees and our facilities remain as safe as possible by implementing the following measures.
- Employee self-screening for COVID-19 symptoms before reporting to work each morning,
- Avoiding close contact with one another by maintaining a distance of 6 feet (or more),
- Wearing a face covering while in enclosed working spaces,
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of hard surfaces multiple times per day.
In addition, employees are reminded to follow the guidelines and regulations set forth by the CDC regarding frequent hand-washing and other hygiene practices.
For our customers, we continue to monitor the supply chain and logistics network daily to identify any potential delays that may occur.
- Please be advised that some materials and supplies remain in short supply, which has affected a limited number of orders. Should this impact your order, we will notify you via phone or e-mail to discuss options.
- Domestic shipping/delivery times are currently running on-schedule, though a small number of international shipments have been affected by regional transportation restrictions. A LECO representative will contact you if your order is affected by any transportation delays. Customers located outside of the US should contact their local LECO office or distributor with any questions or concerns.
- Visits from our Global Support Team, including equipment installations and serviceability calls, are continuing as permitted in accordance with local and business regulations. If you have a question regarding a scheduled installation or service call, please contact 269-985-5531 (in the US) or your local LECO office.
- All customer trainings, demonstrations, classes, seminars, tours, etc. at our headquarters in the United States have been transitioned to virtual/online solutions where possible. Updated information will be posted to www.leco.com.
The best and most efficient way to contact us is by using our online contact form.
Click here for additional contact information inside the United States.
Click here for contact information for locations outside of the United States.
Follow us on Social Media for the latest information.